Outing

Improvement!
2 days.  The doctor said to stay down and off my foot (which I interpreted: as much as possible but not totallycompletely) for two weeks.  Friday will be the two weeks.  (Swelling - nearly gone. Bruising - finally in the green/black stage.  Improvement- noticeable.)

The Husband has hovered helpfully.  Carrying, opening, fetching- and always, always with a cheerful smile.

Today was a rare approved-by-The-Husband foray to the grocery for some stocking up. I found the grocery cart extremely helpful.

Before....
The guy back at the dairy section? When he noticed me, his pace increased and he headed directly over to the yogurt I can never reach.  Didn't even ask which brand or flavor, just how many. Too funny that he knows.  I guess I ask him to reach it for me a lot.

and yummy after!
We've been hearing about this particular store's cream-cheese frosted cinnamon rolls.  Today was our day to try them.  Yummy!  (And yes, I keep getting tempted.  I am going to complete the foot incarceration about a bazillion pounds heavier!)

Decided to try out a new-to-me recipe:  crockpot Mongolian Beef, complete with fresh asparagus, carrots and mushrooms.  I'm a tad nervous about it, but we'll see.  The Husband is always supportive of whatever culinary endeavor I undertake.  Hopefully he'll still be supportive after he tastes it.

And today:  I'm grateful for a summer day that's pleasant-not-burning-hot (haven't even turned on the air).  For library books delivered right to my hands. For tasty treats.  For gift cards.  And for what seems like a never-ending supply of hugs - they're good for my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment