Still Annoyed

In spite of valiant efforts to the contrary, I'm still annoyed (and seemingly consumed) with this silly foot!  It's a problem.  And while it doesn't ache / hurt as much as it did, in some ways that's an issue all its own:  if it doesn't hurt then surely it's all better and I can fling the boot to the winds.  Nope, doesn't work that way.  I've got to quit whining about it!

To be frank, the boot does help.  When I take it off to sleep,  I feel instant relief from the weight and the way it makes my foot / leg hot.  But then the lack of support makes itself known; the morning finds me happy to wrap my foot in the boot again.  Figure 5 weeks at 7 days = 35 days.  Minus the 9 days already past and I've only a minimum of 26 days left!

The Husband brought me this climber rose from the front yard.  Looks and smells heavenly.

Yesterday we redeemed our Culver's Frozen Custard coupon (2 for the price of 1).  There are two more coupons to use by the end of the month.  Plus we have one for $10 worth of Rita's Ice that also expires the end of the month.  Doubt we'll be using all of them.  (And here I am on a crusade to eat l-e-s-s because I'm burning so fewer calories without my morning walks! I suspect I'll be 50 pounds heavier in 26 days!)

Today was a good church day.  The young man leaving on his mission did well.  The High Council speaker had us all thoroughly captivated by his words and the R. S. lesson by our dear friend had us absolutely immersed as well as intellectually vibrating.  I consider it a well-spent Sunday when the most notable occurrence is partaking of the Sacrament.  To have my heart and soul comforted, fed and happy is an extra bonus.
Right now I only use the right shoe!

And finally:  I have right shoes scattered all over the house.  I'm so off balance with the boot, it raises my left side an inch + higher than my right.  To save my hip I try to wear a similar height shoe on the other foot.  Difficult to find just the right one.  I'm not at all a fan of shoes in the house, prefer stockings so I'm always kicking them off, then needing them again.  So they're everywhere! Thankfully no one has tripped over them yet!

I'm so grateful today for words and their beauty and power.  Especially when they're used for good.  I'm grateful for the kindness of people who inquire about the progress on my foot.  I'm grateful for tomorrow.  (Saw some little thing the other day about never giving up on today because you never know what miracle (could be any size miracle) might occur tomorrow.  Liked the thought.) And for the Sabbath day.

No comments:

Post a Comment