And So It Goes...

Life is so interesting.  Never dull.

Friday evening I was trying to slip a shoe on my good foot, and nearly fell on my keister.  Managed to stay upright, but one of The Husband's first comments was that I really need to learn how to fall.

I've tried several times to take a picture of my newly-injured-previously-uninjured right foot but decided it isn't really pretty enough (even with its fairly interesting bruise) to look at.  I suspect at least one broken toe.  My blue-ice pack is on my foot nearly more than it is in the freezer.

My sweet Husband doesn't know whether to sympathize, admonish or surround me in bubble wrap!

Yay!  Blooms!
Several months ago I repotted my african violets - they were years past their needed attention.  The one on the left started blooming pretty quick.  The other two have seemed  content to just enjoy their new environs.  To my delight this new bloom appeared the other day.  It gives me hope that the one in the middle will soon put forth indication that it is happy.

I just sort of bumble along with my plants.  I pretend like I know what I'm doing.  If I haven't quite killed the plants then I continue on the same care-path hoping they'll miraculously thrive.

And maybe that's what happens in my life.  I just bumble along pretending like I know what I'm doing when all along I'm relying completely on Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to carry me through my ineptitude, make up for my mistakes / poor choices and hope for merciful judgement.  I try to always have my heart and soul in line with righteousness.  Maybe one day I'll get it right.

I'm grateful today for kind care from other people.  For an instant hug from a sister I visit teach. For flat shoes.  And mostly I'm grateful my name isn't Grace (and that I only have 3 weeks left in the boot!).

No comments:

Post a Comment