Rate Your Experience?

So yesterday I went to Target for some Tide.  I like plain Tide h-e for my front loading (low sudsing) washing machine (that surely has been on its last legs for several years).

All the detergent, all liquids.
Walked down this seemingly endless aisle.  It felt like every imaginable brand of detergent was there.  All of them liquid!!  I don't want liquid or pods or gels.  I just want powder.  I even stopped an employee and asked her for some.  She didn't speak English.

Only a teensy bit of powder.
Kept hobbling.  And hobbling.  Finally reached the end of the aisle and this was the entire stock of powder detergent.

Now, I realize I'm getting up there in age. But I'm not completely old yet.  And I try to be open and adaptable to new things / innovations.  But I have my reasons.  Am I completely out of step with the world?

And on a side note:  I think my stamina has leaked out around my sprained ankle/ fractured foot.  I was pretty tired from just walking around Target.  I'm counting on recovering my energy once I can freely get out and about again.

Then this morning we had to run an errand.  Walked into the office and I just quietly giggled to myself.  This little stand was by the exit.  (And people actually used it, including The Husband.)  I had to wonder to myself what they do with the results.  And how are they tabulated?  Or is it just for fun?  It totally made me less stressed just seeing it.  I think more places ought to have these little gadgets.

And today?  I'm grateful for bacon filled waffles.  For a washing machine that still works (knocking on some wood here). For plenty to read.  For our Heavenly Father's eternal plan that includes forever families. For laughter. And even, for my silly boot.  (In spite of the aggravation and additional injury caused by being "out of whack" from the boot, I know it has helped my ankle and foot recover.)

No comments:

Post a Comment