Food, Quotes and Books

There's no secret about the fact that I love to read.  Been that way all my life.  I'm always on the prowl for something new - especially by favorite authors.  At our library, each card can have up to 20 books requested, so whenever I see a book I want to read and maybe it isn't quite out yet, I always request it.  I frequently have all 20 spots on my card filled (plus a few on The Husband's card).

Books at the library check out for 3 weeks - with 3 week renewals up to 3 times.  That's conceivably 12 weeks I can have a book in my possession.  Unless it's a new release book with multiple requests on it.  Those only check out for 3 weeks.

This overlong explanation covers why I'm feeling a bit pressured.  I've had 4 requested non-renewable books come in on my card this week.  Plus I already had about 6 books checked out and there is still a book or two in transit.  I keep reminding myself I can always re-check them out if I don't get them finished.  Or pay what I call rent but the library calls the fine.

In spite of the "pressure" (something I enjoy should not feel like stress/pressure) it's been a great week for books!

Loved it!
Around here, it often seems like it's all about food. Treated myself (with a gift card I had) to a rare Jamba Juice.  The flavor:  pumpkin smash.  Yeah, I know, sounds weird.  For me it's a much anticipated "must-have" I indulge in once a year.  And yes, it was scrumptious.

A birthday gift card sent us to Bruges - a new arrival on the restaurant scene here in Draper. We started off with an omelet (weren't quite sure about a waffle sandwich) that came with waffles. Yum.  Then, since I had a generous gift card, splurged on dessert - the Torpedo.  A Belgian waffle filled with chocolate, topped with banana and Belgian chocolate sauce.  My tastebuds were in chocolate heaven. I'll be going back for more when my waistline can handle it (or even if it can't!).

I've always loved quotes, aphorisms, maxims and words that make me think.  Came across a couple this week that I liked.

Beauty is in the heart of the beholder. (Al Bernstein)

All it takes is one good person to restore hope!   (Pope Francis)

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

Today I'm grateful for gift cards, for kind people, for those who have patience with me.  For the safe return of The Husband and the way he always acts happy to be around me.  And I'm grateful that I sense some improvement in my feet.  Hope lives in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment