General Women's Meeting

We watched it on TV from the comfort of our home.  How lucky we are to have convenient access to the leaders of our church.

A couple of the thoughts that stuck with me:

No matter whether we are at work, at school, in the community or at home, we are agents of Heavenly Father.

I loved Elder Uchtdorf's imagery - puddle of pessimism and mess of melancholy and how counterproductive that is in our lives.  He posits that happiness is a matter of our choice.

Repentance is a valuable tool that leads us back toward heaven.

And while I don't really ever expect to hear anything "new" at this meeting, I love the spiritual shot-in-the-arm that I receive.  I always come away vowing to try harder, do better, be more of what Heavenly Father hopes from me.  This time was no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment