Monday With Lots To Do

No more bike.
So I decided to start it right with my greet-the-day-walk.  The full super-moon of last night was completely obscured by the clouds.  So I kept looking eastward to find the sun.  It feels great to be back on the trail, though my pace is slow and my distance shorter than before.  I'll get there eventually.  Patience is required.

Was interested to see the bike has disappeared from the tree.  Wonder how it all happened?  And why?  I'll likely never know.

Almost dawn
I'm still thinking about the General Women's Meeting on Saturday night.  I so love how words can impact our hearts - especially those of encouragement and hope.  Pres. Uchtdorf always uplifts.  I liked this:

 Through discovering faith she was able to have hope, which led to confidence in the Lord that “one day everything would make sense.”


20 minutes and a mile later.
Broken.  :( 
Since we are so close to the mountains we had to drive a bit to see last night's super-moon-lunar-eclipse.  We sat on the slope of a local park and enjoyed the view for a bit.  Later viewing was from our backyard with binoculars.  What a beautiful environment we have!

Unfortunately, a side-effect of last night's jaunt to the park:  The Husband's phone fell out of his pocket.  The screen is history.  Adding to his frustration was the difficulty in figuring out how to get it fixed - and quickly.  Several phone calls, website searching, online chats and finally I think he's on his way to getting the phone fixed.

Friday afternoon one of our sons helped fix the car for our other son.  How grateful my heart is for willingness to serve.  Hopefully Son #1 and his wife can now get the car inspected so it can be registered. They'll have some reliable transportation until they can decide what to do.  Heavenly Father watched over us - helping to find something affordable enough to solve (albeit temporarily) the issue.

I'm grateful today for The Husband's diligent work that provides us with enough - to fix broken things, acquire the necessities and enjoy a few luxuries.  I'm grateful for walks in the morning, grocery stores stocked with plenty of food, birthdays to celebrate and something to look forward to.  I hope at some future point Heavenly Father will be ok with how we carried out the stewardship he entrusted to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment