Still Enjoying The Cruise

Galveston / across from our hotel
Nary a drop ever spilled.
Looking back.
Ship's Library.
Daily Schedule.
I keep thinking of stuff I want to put down so I don't forget.  Sadly, I kept my phone off most of the time.  Much later on in the week (and really, almost too late) I decided to keep it around for my camera.  It was so interesting to me to discover (or maybe re-discover) how much I missed having a camera constantly at the ready.

One way we were pampered:  a schedule of events (including sunrise and sunset, weather and dining options) delivered daily to our stateroom.  Pick and choose whatever you want.  Or not.

Roatan beach/minus the Federales.
This guy's balance was incredible.  No matter how rough the seas, he never spilled a drop.  Breakfast, lunch or dinner he delivered drinks with aplomb.

I loved watching from the back of the ship.  I was generally pretty much on my own there:  peaceful.  I thrive on that.

From our balcony.
Our room was directly above the water break on the starboard side.  I never tired of the water or it's array of color!  Our favorite deck was deck 4.  There wasn't much going on there, only a few other folks like us wanting to be immersed in the beauty of the world. We saw dolphins, all kinds of seabirds and uncountable flying fish.
2 days old and precious

Wherever I go I always find a library.  The ship's was (as expected) small, but welcoming.  The books were even alphabetized just like my library at home.

We ended our shore stops with some time at a beach, my very favorite vacationing spot.  This one on Roatan was beautiful, though patrolled by the armed Federales.

I've almost caught up on the laundry (the ironing will wait for another day).  The DVR has hours of stuff to watch.  The fridge has food in it.  I've delivered a birthday treat next door (missed the actual day due to being gone) and handled some ward music business.  It feels delightful to be home.

And oh, by the way:  If you ever think you need some attention, here's a sure way to get some.  Be on a cruise docked at a port.  Be the last person to re-board the ship 20 minutes late.  I guarantee there'll be thousands of your closest friends cheering you on as the entire ships waits for your arrival to get underway.  (And no, it wasn't us.  We were one of the cheer-ees.)

(And I have to confess:  I've fussed and fussed over the picture placement.  I simply cannot get it just right this time.  And I've got to get on to other stuff.  So my computer ignorance reigns once again.  At least I managed to get the pictures on here!)

I'm keenly aware that a vacation such as this is a true luxury.  How grateful I am we were lucky enough to go.  I'm grateful for the safe arrival of our newest little grandson.  It was heaven to hold him for a bit last evening.  I'm grateful for eyes that see and arms that can hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment