Wow - Did I Ever Let The Week Get Away From Me!

Got ready to put down a few thoughts - was Tuesday really the last time I had anything to say?  What am I doing with my time?

I've been spending a fair amount just puttering around here at home.  Anxiously awaiting the (hasn't happened yet) arrival of our newest grandbaby. (Though I doubt I'm as anxious as the parents!) However:

 • I've also been on a couple morning walks (and found myself right back in the compression anklet - this foot/ankle is not healing the way I thought it would.  There is practically zero flexibility in it. Sigh.)

• We've had the Charger in for it's recall fix and oil change.  (That always necessitates some back and forth to the dealer.)

Fresh & ready to wear.
• I've spent some time at the piano practicing for the Ward's Christmas program. It's been fun to be back at it.

• We've been to Hale for their production of Oklahoma.  Also to the movie with friends.

• Chatted with friends who brightened my days with visits.

• Wrote to a few people, thank you notes, or just keeping in touch. (It takes me forever to be almost-articulate.)

I've also been saving up my ironing all week for today.  While The Husband worked on the grow-boxes in the yard listening to General Conference on his earbuds, I ironed.  And it took me nearly the entire first 2 hours.  This is a sampling of the pressing I did.  And I also ironed some pillowcases/sheets (the sheets feel so much better in bed when the edges have been ironed) and some t-shirts.

I have so loved the two sessions of Conference so far.  This morning seemed to have a general theme of self-improvement, striving to do/be our best.  And hope.

I seem to always be drawn to a quick sound-bite from talks - a sentence that just reaches out and speaks to my heart.  Here's a couple.

"The Holy Ghost makes an ideal traveling companion."

"If there be no righteousness there be no happiness."

"If you are there for the Lord, He will be there for you."

I so want to always be one of the followers/workers of Heavenly Father.  I want to be found doing my best.  I want to be acceptable to Him.  I love how Conference inspires that in me.  I will not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment