I Made It Through The Weekend

Though it produced some anxiety.  And I surely wish I possessed more poise.

I think I've nearly worn out my piano keys practicing for yesterday's program for our former ward.  I've learned to be as prepared / practiced / polished I can be when playing in places other than my living room.  I get a teensy bit overwrought with nerves.  Whenever I play in church, I always pray for angels to guide my fingers to the right keys - I never ever want to disappoint Heavenly Father.

Yesterday's final song: a different arrangement of Silent Night.  My intro sounded like lovely music until about measure 4.  Then it sounded like this: *#&%(*.   I briefly thought about stopping the conductor and starting over.  Which thought was immediately followed by a mental shrug.  It happened.  I've never professed to be anything but the amateur I am.  So be it.

But I managed to make it through the entire program without completely falling apart/messing up.

That meeting was followed by our own ward's Christmas Sacrament meeting.  I was again on tap for the organ/piano contribution in the meeting.  Lots of Christmas carols on the organ.  An Insta-choir (on the piano).  It went well.  Until the very last 2 words of the song.  Our newly called choir director forgot what she was doing - thought she was done when we weren't really.  A momentary glitch/pause and all finished nicely.  I'm so glad there are mistakes enough to go around- I'd hate to be the only one.

Love that middle name!
And a small confession.  I'm an obituary reader.  Generally I scan through to see if there's any names I recognize, that might belong to someone I know.  Yesterday's obituary section was pages and pages. I don't know this man, but my eye was definitely caught. I puzzled over how having the name "True" affected his life.  What a wonderful name to live up to, to absorb and exemplify.  I surely wish I knew the backstory on that one.  Maybe I shall pretend that "True" is my middle name.  (Or perhaps "Beauty"...or "Joy"?)

I'm grateful for people who pretend they don't notice when I mess up on the piano. (Which I do with rather more regularity than I like.) I'm grateful for neighbors that act like neighbors - invite us when they could use some help, chat when they see us out and about, loan us stuff when we're in need, and bring us homemade treats on occasion.  I love that part of a neighborhood.  I'm also grateful for Church programs that bring to complete focus the reason - for everything.  We are so grateful for Jesus Christ and everything He represents.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment