Still Snowy Wednesday

Love those snow covered branches 
We're still in a stormy weather pattern here:  lots of snow punctuated by small periods of sunshine. Our driveway and walks have been plowed, shoveled, plowed, shoveled, and plowed and shoveled again.  Even the solar panels have been de-snowed.

Taking a small risk I decided to treat myself to a walk out on the trail this morning.  This morning's short walk was probably the only time ever that I've been the lone, solitary person on the trail. And it was sheer heaven.

A different view of a favorite section of trail.
I'm so glad we didn't give up on this tree!
Except for that spill I took.  Whoosh!  Both feet pointed skyward, and I was flat on my back. Happened almost quicker than I could think.  Fortunately my pace was slow and the ground not really inclined so damage was mostly to my ego.

Every time I look at this beautiful tree I remember what it looked like 13 years ago.  We'd planted it in the fall - barely 6 feet tall and slender.  That winter we had tons of wind and by spring that poor tree hadn't a single needle on it.  Loathe to ever give up on a tree, we did our best to nurture it along. We are so pleased with the results- and the birdies love it.  I think there must be more than one previously used nests snugged deep in the branches.

So, today, I'm grateful no one was around to see my "fall from grace" (though graceful has never been an apt description of me). And I'm so grateful we didn't give up on our tree.  Seeing it often elicits a smile from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment