Snowy Monday

8:00 a.m. - lots and lots of snow
We woke to probably half a foot of fresh snow.  And it didn't stop for hours.  7:30 a.m. found The Husband working with his cantankerous John Deere and several shovels to clear the drive enough for us to get out of the garage.  

A couple hours later he was at it again.  The snow was equally deep.  I kept him company with my own shovel though I don't have quite the strong muscles he does.  My efforts yielded smaller results.

And they're predicting even more accumulations before this storm exits the area.

At the P.O.
Outside our stairwell.
Errands were demanding attention so off I went.  Declining to stand in the long line at the post office, I went to the self-serve machine.  It too was being recalcitrant.  Navigating the screen menu wasn't awfully difficult, I was just unfamiliar with it.  It liked my payment method just fine, but didn't want to dispense the postage label - even with what The Husband affectionately calls "percussive maintenance" - the application of force with a fist.  The helpful guy behind me in line managed to complete his own postage request, and found himself with two labels, his and mine. 

This picture is a bit dark, I was trying to surreptitiously take this guy's picture.  Believe me, I'm not judging, it's really none of my business how he chooses to look, and I don't really care.  I just wondered how he managed to get in and out of his car without mussing the "do".

And today I was missing my Rav4.  It's been 5 years since I traded it in on the Prius.  This was one of only a handful of times I've wished for its sense of security.  That little SUV could go anywhere - safely and easily.

I'm so grateful for my elliptical and treadmill for snowy days when I can't be trusted to safely walk the trails outside.  I'm grateful for the ability to get out and about, and for the snowplows that clear our streets.  I'm grateful for the option to just stay in on a snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment