And Then Not So Warm

Today's expenditure.
Walked into the family room this morning to frigid feeling air.  Yep, the furnace wasn't working. Day before yesterday he was just here giving it a tune-up.  But the furnace hasn't run since.  It's been an expensive week for our furnaces.  (And I didn't even have a furnace fund!)

How kind...& nummy!
Today's mail included this little box.  Who is sending us what?  And why?  It's brownies!  As a thank you for spending The Husband's hard earned cash at their business.  That's quite a novelty for us. And yes, they were yummy!

I've been trying all day in the midst of the furnace chaos to hold on to the morning-sunrise-feelings. It's been a wee challenge. I'm not really great at handling all the stuff-that-goes-wrong, though I'm way better than I used to be.  (And I've kept busy:  washing, drying, folding and putting away all the laundry, vacuuming, taking care of the payday bills and stuff.)  So I appreciated these words:
Sunrise across the valley.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.

I'm so grateful for The Husband's strong work ethic that keeps us solvent enough to pay for unexpectedness.  And for warmth - whether from the furnace or the February sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment