Spring

The weather guy on tv last night reminded us that Spring is considered a transitional season - things are all confused.  He was right on the money.


I spotted this daffodil over at the park on my walk yesterday morning.  The bushes are a couple of bleeding hearts outside our stairwell (picture taken through the dirty windy) - they're about a foot tall - or they were before the storm front hit.

The snowy picture is looking east from our back door - usually the view is of a bunch of houses on the hillside.

I'll have to put on my boots and slicker to retrieve the mail.

And I really like this quote, it was in a book I read last week.  I like that it encourages us to be prepared, do our best, and answer opportunity's call. We are each unique and bring to the world our own special abilities.  I've often wondered if there aren't multiple "special moments" during our lifetimes when our own brand of service is the right thing at the right time in the right place.  I think we all would like to be able to be the accomplishment of good in the world.

“To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.”― Winston S. Churchill

And today's question?  Why do vegetables like broccoli and brussels sprouts and peas all smell "green" when they're cooking?  Seriously, green is a smell.

I'm grateful today for the seasons, they add so much fullness and dimension to our daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment