Draper Care Center

• Ended up at the Draper Care Center to help with Sacrament Meeting.  Interesting because we didn't have Sacrament Meeting today - instead we attended the dedication of the Provo City Center Temple, broadcast to our Stake center.

We had been only slightly tempted to skip the Temple Dedication.  And were so glad we were obedient.  We used the Nauvoo Temple commemorative handkerchiefs (given to us by our dear friends) for the Hosannah Shout and thoroughly enjoyed the entire meeting.

Because of a miscommunication, there were two wards at the Care Center to oversee Sacrament Meeting.  No matter, everyone just found a "spot" to fill (or a responsibility that needed doing) and took care of it.  It was lovely.

The thing that brought a tear to my eye was during the actual passing of the Sacrament.  Two older brothers walked around with the Deacons, helping those who couldn't do it alone, to receive this renewing ordinance.  And from the back of the room rang a clear sweet sister's voice, "Thank You!"

We should all feel so grateful at the Sacrament.  Always.

• I have been so pleased with my African Violets.  They not only weathered the pruning/re-potting, but I think they're actually happier for it.  Yesterday morning the sun shining on the blossoms made them look like they were glowing.  Lots of buds still to open.  Lots of happiness to be found in the beauty of the flower.

I am grateful today that there are times I manage to control my anger. To remember that when I give in to it, I'm giving in to the adversary.  I don't always have that kind of control, and I really do try to avoid getting angry.  I'm definitely still a work-in-progress.  And hopefully progress is being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment