Almost Spring Friday

The Husband needed a bit of a break from work, so we went for a short walk to clear the brain cobwebs.  It likely did more for me than for him, but I'm not complaining.  I kept our pace snail-like with my constant picture taking.  One of these days my phone is going to run out of room!

Loved these crocus - complete with their own shadow.  And the budding trees.  I took my annual picture of a friend's apricot tree - it's almost-but-not-quite fully blossomed.  Wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped (I was taking it through the window of the car as we drove past).  We'll have to drive past again so I can take a better one.

The winter wreaths on the front door have given way to the spring/summer ones.  I make myself wait as close as I can to actual spring.

I've visited a friend just home from the hospital.  She looks worn out, too bad they couldn't figure out what's causing her problems. I'll keep in touch with her.  She's a real sweetheart.

The laundry has been washed, dried, folded, put away and ironed.  I've practiced the piano.

In short - it's been a gloriously beautiful (and mostly productive) day.  I am so grateful.

I love the words of Jeffrey Holland.  How grateful I am to hear him often and have access to his messages of encouragement and hope.  I like to wrap them up in my heart and pull them out when I need.

“I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind.” 
― Jeffrey R. Holland

I want to be that kind of angel.  I wonder if it is even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment