Positive

• I've a propensity toward pessimism.  I've come to believe that tendency stems partly from my "less than" childhood and the rest is just the way I came to earth.  Over the last decade or so I've become increasingly aware of how damaging that pessimism is (you know, expect and plan for the worst and you'll generally be pleasantly surprised sort of mindset).  And have been making small but steady steps toward eradicating that pessimism.

I can't say I've been totally successful, but I can admit there's been progress. I was so enamored of the story of Pollyanna when I was young.  I so admired her.  But try as I might, it just wasn't in me to be so positive all the time.  I needed more life experience (I daren't say maturity, though sometimes they are the same thing).

I think my life also needed people who're naturally optimistic.  Thankfully, Heavenly Father sought fit to send some of those to me.  My efforts toward positive thinking will likely be life-long, but I'm grateful for the spirit-lift I've felt thus far as I've continued to try.

• Read this quote the other day that reached into my heart.  I love reading and books.  What fun to be surrounded by them all the time.

Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?

–Henry Ward Beecher

• Ziggy was right on the mark today.  For my weight I should be 7 feet tall.  :^)

Yesterday (Tues.) 3 p.m. looking east.
• One of the things I love about the Salt Lake Valley is the weather.  It's more often interesting than not.  Yesterday was gray, windy and stormy. Today, brilliant sun shining around the clouds.

• And I'm off to lunch with a friend.  Tomorrow is The Husband's Insta-lunch.  How lucky we are to know the goodness of people, including our children.

I'm grateful for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment