Three Good Things About Saturday

And maybe just three good things about this Saturday.

1.  A drive up the canyon.  I dragged The Husband off to the outlet mall in Park City.  It was a stunningly beautiful day.  This picture was through the windshield on the drive back.  (Pay no mind to the tanker in the lane next to us.)  And speaking of windshields - The Husband went out early and washed all the car windows outside and in so we could see the beauty around us as we drove.  Roughly 50 miles round trip is just the right size of a road trip for me!

2.  Frozen custard.  Our route home took us past one of our favorite frozen custard places, a local spot with fabulous treats.  It was warm enough to sit on the bench outside to lick our custard.  I think our eating outside was good advertisement - the place was totally empty when we arrived, but pretty busy when we left.

The left side of the lights being upgraded.
3.  Another (nearly) completed project.  The Husband has been invested in upgrading the lighting in our bathroom.  The fluorescent lighting in there has never pleased him, the electrician our contractor used (when we had the house built) was a disappointment to him..  After extensive research and shopping the new LED bulbs arrived yesterday.   Today they are installed.  There's a bit of finish work to do but the difference is pretty dramatic.  Now I have no trouble seeing all the flaws in my complexion. :^)

Left side finished, right side being upgraded.
• Our trekking around the valley also had us going right by the Ace Hardware - apparently the only place in the state that sells the snow shovels The Husband prefers.  Stopping in to check the stock netted us two new shovels for next year.  I love being prepared.

• There really was a reason I wanted to go shopping today. (Me?  Wanting to shop?  Must be something amiss!)  After nearly 40 years I'm still looking for the perfect purse.  I've come close a time or two.  But tastes / circumstances change.  I've had quite a few new ones the last several years - but only because I earn money from The Husband's employer for all the walking I do.  I've spent most of it on handbags.

I've been using this little black bag that I got at a local outlet store.  It's been pretty good, but I know I won't be happy with black in the summer - just looking at black anything in the heat makes me miserable.  I've been watching a particular Fossil bag - was really glad I went in search of the actual purse - online pictures and dimensions aren't quite enough.  The Fossil one was too big.  And yes, I'm picky.  Unapologetically so.

• I have been invited to play a piano solo in Sacrament meeting.  At least I think I was.  Haven't ever been asked quite like that and am not sure what to think.  I will prepare, practice and plan just in case.

 I'm so grateful tonight for pretty weather. Spring is a special blessing after what feels like a long winter. I'm grateful for a productive fun day, one sans deadlines/obligations.  They come just often enough to enjoy, not often enough to take for granted.  I'm grateful for emails and texts from loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment