Morning Walk

So, I didn't walk yesterday - thunder and rain, aching knees, not in the mood (really?  I'm never not in the mood!).  And I missed it all day long.

But this morning, the weather was beautiful, my knees felt better (I fear I've been overworking them, both in exercise and in prayer) and I was definitely in the mood.

(The downside of the trail in better weather, earlier sunrise is that the trail - no matter which part of it I'm on - is busier.  I prefer the solitude, the quiet for contemplation.  Yep, I'm weird.)

Loved the color through the trees.
Carrot treat breakfasts are the reward for being out early for the horses at the end of our street.  The ladies nearly climbed the fence in their eagerness to greet me.  (They're funny - they always eat the carrots in bites, even if the carrots are small.  The big guy horse, though, refuses to bite and always pulls the entire carrot - no matter the size - from my hand, chewing the whole thing in about 2 seconds.  He's a greedy old cuss.)

I spend the first half of my walk praying.  And thinking about the Sunday School lesson.  And then if I remember I put in my earbuds and walk/dance along to the music, often with pointed fingers conducting the air in time.  (Yeah, that's probably another reason I like the trail to myself, I'm a dork.)

This morning I was thinking about life and how short it seems, and how there's still stuff I hope to be able to do.  And myriads of other philosophical things.

I noticed the guy running past in his bright orange shoes - the same brand as the ones I wear.  And I heard the birdies greeting the day, the ducks in the creek (I always see them in pairs, male and female, love that they need each other).  Tried to get a picture of the pheasant and his beautiful red head but he was anxious to steal the chicken food.

So, nothing extraordinary, just an awareness of how beautiful life is, how many blessings surround us and how grateful I am for the love Heavenly Father showers down on us.

Tonight we've a play - not thinking I'll enjoy the play so much (one of those where there's no spoken dialogue, it's all sung) but I'm so looking forward to being out with my guy.

I saw this quote again, it always encourages me.

I testify that bad days come to an end, that faith always triumphs, and that heavenly promises are always kept.

I'm so grateful for goals to work toward, for music, for welcoming hugs and for tender things that touch my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment