Double Surprise

• Answered the doorbell this evening to a couple cute young ladies.  Thought they might be religious proselyters.  Nope, turns out it was my great-niece!  And her sweet friend.  We had such a delightful time visiting and becoming acquainted.  How brave of her to ring the doorbell of someone she's never met!  And how glad I am that she did.  The best statement of the evening was when she said she was glad I wasn't some creepy old lady.  What a compliment that is for me.

• Second surprise was a hoped-for but unanticipated email from an in-law.  It was so lovely to hear that she's doing well, I've been concerned about her.

Both occasions were family connections that have been few in number for me, my life has been so lacking in extended family interactions.  It was a great way to finish the day.
Love, love, love the flowers!

• I had to take this picture at the grocery - their flower department is sheer eye candy.  I can't leave the store without taking a wander through the blooms, they make me smile.  I've always loved the hellebore - we saw them growing in abundance when we visited a museum in NYC a few years ago. I wonder if they'd grow in our yard?  I so love their unusual color.
Pretty Hellebore.

• I held my breath in anticipation of the bottom-line total for framing of the latest sewing project. Then breathed out in relief:  it is a manageable number that I won't feel too guilty spending.  It'll definitely be a good bit of wall decoration.

• And I walked away from the office supply store with a bunch of music books (that I use often for prelude/postlude at church) newly spiral bound.  They will open fully and stay open against the piano.  Turning pages will no longer require 4 hands (which is good since I only currently have two) and will make my stint at the piano (in public where I'm generally quite stress-filled) less stressful. Less stress in life is often a good thing.

• Today I'm so grateful for kind great-nieces who visit potentially creepy old ladies. And for their hugs. For beautiful flowers, especially gifted ones.  For camphor patches to put on aching knees. (Which makes me kind of smell like a creepy old lady.) I'm grateful for invitations to lunch and time to research/plan Sunday School lessons. And for my lovely piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment