Monday, Monday

Friday morning's beauty
I've been spending a lot of time around the house lately.  That means I haven't had tons of interaction with others.  That means I'm not exposed to as much stuff that triggers thought, that provides fodder for this blog.  I was surprised this morning to find that last time I posted was Wednesday.  Where does the time go?

New orchid bloom
I can't even remember much about Thursday.  Friday The Husband took another vacation day.  It was a stunningly beautiful day:  not too hot, not too cold, and just the most lovely sunshine everywhere.  I think it made everyone walk around with a smile on their face.  The Husband worked nearly the entire day out in the yard, mixing up the peat moss and sand in our growboxes, hoping to be ready for planting in a few weeks.

He works hard for us.  I'm so grateful for him and his unselfishness.

Then we washed both cars, knowing full well a storm was expected on Sunday.  

Saturday we puttered around here most of the day, then went to dinner and a movie with friends. How blessed we feel to have such good people in our lives.

The ducks and me
In spite of much preparation and prayer yesterday's Sunday School class wasn't quite as great as the previous ones.  I'm learning, I hope, to be a better class discussion leader.  It isn't my strong suit.  But, it was a good church Sunday anyway.


I was particularly struck by the words to the Sacrament song:  "As now our minds review the past we know we must repent...Forgiveness is a gift from thee we seek with pure intent. With hands now pledged to do thy work."  And I thought, I should always keep my heart pledged to do that work, to do my best, and always, always, be tolerant.

And the predicted storm?  Yep, it arrived in full force.  We had wind and thunder, rain and hail. And felt snug and safe in our home.


Then this morning I headed out for my walk.  Rounded a corner, crossed the street and was amazed at the weather.  The air was opaque.  I never could figure out if it was fog or a low ground-hugging cloud (are they the same thing?) but it was so interesting.  In all my years of walking I've never seen anything quite like it.  People would pass me on the trail and I wouldn't even know they were there until they were nearly passing me, the fog/cloud was so dense.  As the sun rose it began to warm the air a bit and the density dissipated.  It was a fun, lovely way to begin my day.  (Had to come home and sit for ten minutes to show The Husband all the pictures I couldn't resist taking, which picture taking caused me to take longer on my walk.  It was great!) I loved walking next to the ducks' feet.

Almost full daylight 
I'm grateful today - for this amazing world and its beauty, the clouds the rain, the sunshine.  My heart loves it (excepting for the summer heat!).  I'm grateful for restaurant gift cards, especially ones that come with an extra "slice of joy" (free slice of cheesecake). For gifts of chocolate cookies from Swig (still haven't been there). For rides to church so I don't have to get my clean car dirty in the storm. I'm grateful for lots of good things to read, for coupons for discounted framing (I'll be using one this week), for friends that meet around the mailbox and have the most delightful conversation.  And for unexpectedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment