MidWeek

Had lunch today with a friend.  She's one of those people that challenges my self-esteem, though I know that it is unintentional on her part.  She's so classy and elegant.  Turned out to be a nice time, we chatted away like we hadn't another thing to do the rest of the day.

Leaves in training
Spent 90 minutes on the trail this morning.  For the first time this year the sun rose over the hills and shone directly on my face!  And I just stood there and drank it in! And I should enjoy it while I can - in another couple weeks we'll be back on that dratted daylight saving time. On my walk I couldn't help but notice the buds on the tree limbs.  It'll be full-bloom spring soon.

And like Mr. Wilson's closet, I think my own is a place of hopes and dreams.

It is a wonderful world.
I've often commented on The Husband's life theme: What a wonderful world.  Not only has Mr. Louis Armstrong recorded the very best version of that song, but today we got to read a book that was illustrated just for those very words.  We do live in a wonderful world.

Passed the results of a bad car accident on my way home today.  The young driver of the obviously completely totaled car was sitting on the curb, head down.  In the space above his head I could almost read his thoughts.  (It was clearly a much-loved car, all spiffied up.) Every time I see one of those scenes I'm reminded that I need to be a more careful driver.  We're all prone to lapses - in attention and judgement.

"We cannot truly love God if we do not love our fellow travelers on this mortal journey. Likewise, we cannot fully love our fellowmen if we do not love God, the Father of us all."
—Thomas S. Monson

I'm so grateful for another spring season.  For an invitation to lunch.  For a phone call from a friend.  For chocolate chip cookies that come with your sandwich.  For successful surgical procedures (our son-in-law had one yesterday on his neck - so far, so good).  And yes, I'm even grateful that gratitude causes me to think, be aware, and feel the hope that accompanies it, I'm grateful for gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment