There Are A Couple Things (And I Have No Pictures)

Yes, there are a couple things at the top of my list of things that I dislike almost to abhorrence.

1.  Spending Money.
2.  Visiting Doctors.

This week is finding me involved with both of those.

The Husband arrived home on Thursday night to hugs, kisses and a wife (that would be me) that absolutely wouldn't leave his side.  It seems to get more difficult for me each time he leaves.  How grateful I am that he has such a strong desire to take care of our family.

We had a fairly decent weekend: lunch out, working in the yard, saw a movie (that wasn't nearly as bad as the reviews had us expecting), General Women's meeting Saturday night, and lovely Easter meeting at church on Sunday.

Underlying all of that was this really miserable sense that all wasn't quite right with my belly.  I wasn't quite to the point of being bedridden but I sure didn't (and still don't) feel very good. Yesterday morning found me at the doctor's office. He seems to think I can conquer this, it only requires over-the-counter remedies.  And time.  And my prayers at times have the urgency of darts being tossed at the heavens.  (Which I know is totally wrong.) And I have an appointment next week with an ENT that I don't have to drive halfway to Nevada to see.  I'm counting on him being able to help me with this dizziness.

My cellphone has gone over the last decade and a half from being a complete and total luxury to a luxurious necessity.  It fell out of my pocket Sunday morning from a height of about 12-15 inches. It looked fine, no screen cracks/dents/etc.  But the display is completely kaput. Dead. Done for. And on these smartphones:  no display = no phone.

My phone had already been acting flaky - it's been exactly 2 years since I got it and it's been a super phone.

So now I'm in the process of deciding what phone to get.  I admit:  I'm picky.  There are certain size / camera / keyboard requirements.  Along with certain size / color desirables.  I don't "live" on my phone the way a lot of people do.  But I surely felt lost without it.  The Husband has put my SIM card into a very old phone of his.  I can text!  And call! Wherever I am!  Small but huge things.

Today I'm so grateful.  For hope that the dr. can help me recover.  For a husband who takes good care of me and always moves whatever mountains he has to to accomplish that good care.  For a daughter-in-law who reaches out, keeps in communication and makes sure we feel a part of their lives. For other thoughtful children. And especially for The Savior, Jesus Christ, who rescued us all through His great Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment