Day Of Rest

Yes, a big ow-ie.
I guess the definition of a day of rest is when you're resting from (or not doing) what you normally would on a regular workday.  Being actively involved in our church means that Sunday is busy. Good things, but not necessarily restful.

And yes, this picture is of The Husband's much loved Charger.  Made it to five years without any ow-ies.  This one will require a bit of fixing.  It made us both sad.

Spent some time with our kids and grandchilluns across the valley - were invited on the spot to stay for dinner.  What a delightful time we had - her homemade CafeRio pork and beans and rice were just yummy!  The kids acted like they were happy to see us: really nice.

Can't wait for watermelon! 
I saw this really ingenious watermelon cutter online somewhere last week.  Sent the link to The Husband and pretty soon, here it shows up on our doorstep - he'd ordered it for me.  I can hardly wait for some watermelon to try it out!  The sticky mess all over the countertop is a trial for me each summer.  Sometimes I just think it isn't worth it and forgo the watermelon.  But not this year!

The Husband spent quite a bit of time yesterday helping me construct a crossword puzzle for my Sunday School class.  It was beautiful - nice straight lines, centered well on the page.  (I told him I always turn my frustrating stuff over to him - he makes everything seem so easy, I just get overwhelmed.)  And yep, the very first word that I wrote on the puzzle in class was in the wrong place!  All that nice precision mucked up with a few strokes of the red marker.  I'm such a dufus!

Was my pleasure today to play the piano in primary.  It's often a fun place to be.  I guess that's true of pretty much everything you aren't obligated to do all the time.  Fun for the short term.  It should be a goal to make things fun in the long term as well.

Today I'm grateful for the sunshine that we see between the rainstorms.  I'm grateful for spinach and carrot and pea and corn sprouts in our garden.  If we're careful (and lucky) we'll have some yummy vegetables.  I'm grateful beyond words for family that has to love me.  That's what family does.  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father knew I could find beauty in this world with The Husband and our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment