Strange Saturday

No movies to see, our friends are out of town so no get-together with our friends, no real obligations to take care of.  Unusual for us to have such an unencumbered Saturday.

We slept in, lounged around, I finally did my hair and got dressed at 11:00.  We ran a couple non-essential errands, thinned the spinach in the garden.  (The peas are coming up nicely, the corn is barely poking through and soon the carrots will be big enough to thin.  YAY!  I'm so excited I didn't plant them all wrong!)

Cottonwood tree cotton.
And here is the big thought for the day:  If I had my way, clothes would be as comfortable as pajamas, so I wouldn't mind wearing them all day long.  (And if it weren't for my age and modesty I'd also declare bras to be optional!)

It really was a stunning sunrise!
Yesterday morning's walk in the wind was a welcome way to watch the sun warm the day.  And that other picture that looks like a bunch of weeds by the side of the trail?  Well, it is a bunch of weeds by the side of the trail, underneath the cotton from our (and a very few other) cottonwood trees.  I can't remember a year when the cotton has been so abundant.  And annoying.  So annoying.

I'm grateful for The Habit milkshakes.  I rarely was privileged to enjoy a shake growing up, but the ones at the Habit take me straight back to that rarity of my childhood.  I'm grateful for a husband who is so willing to take on my projects and help me when I get frustrated.  I'm grateful for the time of day for pajamas!  And I'm grateful for the way the rain sounds when it wakes me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment