Weird Wednesday

Only weird because it feels like I'm not getting a thing done!  And this is supposed to be the "slower time of life".

The yellow one in the back is a big CLEARANCE sign.
So I went to the mall this morning.  It's been multiple months since I was shopping at the mall. (Time for some fresh Sunday shirts for The Husband.)  Of course while I was there I had to do some window shopping - everything was new to me since I so rarely shop.  I had to laugh at this store - it was a new one.  Grand Opening signs everywhere.  And in the back of the shop:  yes, those are "Clearance" signs.  Who knew you could have a grand opening and a clearance at the same time?

A friend stopped by for a chat.  We love when that happens, even though the pressure of needing to work causes some small anxiety for The Husband.  We showed our friend the garden - now I can see some peas coming up!  I don't know how well they'll do since they're really the cooler weather kind of veggie.  But we'll give it a shot anyway.  Fresh picked peas?  Wonderful!

Walking with our friend out to his car I looked over and wow- the peonies have popped.  Just yesterday they were all teensy buds.  I wait all year to see their happy faces - and this year they seem particularly bright.
Love their prettiness!

Was reading a manual the other day about teaching in church and came across this quote.  And I think it's applicable to lots of other areas in life:  "Listening is an act of love.  It requires that we care more about what is in another person's heart than what is next on our agenda or outline....As you pay careful attention to their spoken and unspoken messages, you will come to better understand their needs, their concerns, and their desires."  Good counsel to follow.

I'm grateful for a great sale on dress shirts.  For more-life-experienced (translation: older than me) people who have friends to walk the mall with them - it was a cute sight to see those three enjoying their exercise.  I'm grateful for friends who stop by to chat.  For a decent vacuum cleaner (the cotton is still flying from the cottonwood trees in our back yard, copious amounts of cotton, the trees must be happy).  And for when things are peaceful.  I love the peaceful times of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment