Gift

So, I'm not a big fan of Mother's Day. For many reasons.  I'm trying mightily this year to approach it with a whole different mindset.  Yes, it is a bit of a challenge.

Complete with serving spoon!
But today, in the mail I received a Mother's Day gift from our faraway daughter.  How clever - and cute - and fun! I love M&M's.  I rarely have them, I don't spend money on candy usually.  The whole thing came in an insulated bad complete with an M&M cold-pack to keep them from melting.  It's just great!

Out in the yard the other day I thought I heard an oriole.  It seems they generally appear around Mother's Day.  Our oriole feeder is old and I think all those hours in the sun have taken their toll on the plastic.  It broke.  The new one arrived today.  We'll see if we can't attract some of those lovely birds.  They are stunningly beautiful, and frequently will announce their arrival at the feeder so they can strut their beauty in our admiring gazes.  I'll be watching for them.

Nice and bright for the orioles.
I received an email from a friend this morning.  She had a rough day the other day and was telling me about it.  My heart just ached for her.  While at the same time I was inwardly rejoicing that she felt close / comfortable enough to tell me her pains and concerns.  I have always tried to maintain confidentialities.  I like to be able to say I'm true to my word.  I haven't as many close friends in this world as I'd like, but it surely felt like friendship to receive her email.

I'm so grateful for good people that I consider friends.  I'm grateful for a (mostly) receptive heart.  I'm grateful for the abundance we see in our grocery stores.  I'm grateful for kids who don't seem to mind that I am/was a Mom that was way-less than perfect.  Thankfully they mostly seem to understand I did my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment