Another Mid Week



Yes, there are two blue eggs in the nest!
So, I grabbed The Husband and off we went to look at the nest whilst Mama robin was off for a few minutes.  I was determined that someone besides me see those lovely blue eggs.  We managed to hold the tree branches out of the way for a minute for this picture.  Don't know why robin eggs are blue, but they surely are pretty.

This frame from a comic in yesterday's paper (and yes, there are a few of us left in the world that still subscribe to the newspaper, though only until our subscription runs out in August.  Too expensive for the diminishing content.  Sad, it'll totally disrupt my morning routine!).  There are times when I feel just like that! (Especially in this totally crazy election year!)

And I came across this quote that I like.  I wonder if it's true? Wouldn't matter, though, mastering anger is a lovely goal/attribute.  I'm still - and likely always - working on it.

Neurologists claim that every time you resist acting on your anger, you’re actually rewiring your brain to be calmer and more loving. (source)
And I've finished all the books I have out from the library.  When I don't have any books out, I feel a bit adrift.  I need that anchor!

Today I'm grateful for a morning walk that calmed my heart.  For the hug I received on my return. I'm grateful for prayer that comforts my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment