Life Is Complicated

• Never, ever would I have thought things would be anything but serene at this stage of our lives. There's things to accomplish and pressure aplenty.
Mama and 9 ducklets - too cute!

•It's annual benefit enrollment time again at The Husband's work.  Good news?  Costs remain the same.  But, since the two of us are reaching that mandatory-sign-up-for-medicare age this year, it totally mucks up our insurance plans / possibilities.  Goodbye to HSA contributions. Which means research and decisions.  Sigh...

• It's been a great week or so for animal sightings on my walks/rides.  I've seen wild bunnies, newborn deer and their mama.  (The baby deer were only about 15" tall, so really really young and they were totally precious!) Mama duck and her ducklings. Ring-necked pheasants.  The horses seem to watch for their carrots every morning.  I'm keeping an eye on the robin and her nest.

• The Husband has a birthday coming up.  I'm feeling like I should be throwing him a party.  He could really use some attention.  I wish I was better at that social stuff - it wasn't even remotely considered for me when they were passing out the attributes before we came to earth.  I think I got in the line that said "socially awkward".

• Was reading an article in the church magazine about having a mighty change of heart.  It has caused me some introspection.  And that little tiny lightbulb in my head went off.  I need to have a change of heart.  My prayers have been about the wrong thing.  I'm now focusing on praying for my heart to be changed, for my behavior to improve about this one specific thing. It feels much better.

• And I really liked this column in the paper.  I don't always agree with this writer, but today I did.  

I'm grateful for The Husband in my life.  For children who work hard at doing their best. For the Holy Ghost to whisper to us comfort and hope.  I need that hope and am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment