A Pretty Nice Weekend

Green growing veggies!  Wonderful!
In spite of the fact that it rained the entire day yesterday, it's been a pretty pleasant weekend.  We arrived at the church to help clean yesterday morning only to find that the cleaning all done!  Several people had to go early - those of us arriving on time ended up just chatting.

The rain made it a great day to see a movie.  The bonus?  It was a pretty decent movie.  I wasn't even tempted to get popcorn - YAY for me!

Spinach salad for din-din
Sacrament meeting was great today.  Class was ok.  I doubt I'll ever be comfortable teaching.  But there are great people who come (though I'm totally confident most of them are assigned to come) whose contributions really make the class.

An afternoon nap complete with snuffling/snoring and I call the day complete.

The garden is coming along.  It was fabulous (and I'm trying really hard not to be smug - it was just so very fun) to go out and snip off spinach leaves for dinner salad.  Tasted yum!

And:  posterior vitreous separation.  Cause:  aging.  Treatment:  none.  I think I'm just going to have to learn to live with the spots before my eyes.  It's quite common, though I don't find comfort in the fact that I have plenty of company with this particular issue.  I'm quite protective about my vision.  I'll be heading back in about 6 weeks for a follow up, but the dr. is quite certain it'll be a mostly benign condition that won't require further attention.  Aging, huh?

It's been quite nice to be using the hymnbook I received as a gift when it's my turn at the organ (which it is for the month of June).  I love these words to a hymn that was part of today's prelude:
"Never can I repay thee, Lord, but I can love thee.  Thy pure words hath it not been my one delight, my joy by day, my dream by night?  Then let my lips proclaim it still, and all my life reflect thy will." Orson Whitney wrote those words.  Yes, that would be my goal - to live a good life.

I'm so grateful for our garden.  For the rain that cooled the heat.  For a good book to read.  For church meetings that uplift.  And hopefully, for a good dental checkup tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment