An Interesting Start To The Week

• Sat in our dentist's chair first thing this morning.  Neither one of us have any cavities or issues, so we're good for another 6 months. For me that is fabulous.  Nothing against our friend/dentist, I just really abhor teeth issues.

• We were out of there by 9:30, time enough for a quick trip to Lehi and the vinyl fence place.  The "pergola / trellis" for the tomatoes has been ordered.  We had to take a deep breath at the cost (more me than The Husband, I just really have such a hard time spending money!) but I think it will be a good thing for the veggies.

Cool Prius said nobody.
• I have to keep looking at this picture we took of the Prius in the next lane over.  It makes me laugh so hard.  I've thoroughly enjoyed my Prius (really, it has been a super great car), but have complained more than once about how boring a car it is, how staid. So when I saw this on the back window it just really cracked me up.  "Cool Prius, said nobody."  Ha ha ha ha ha, I'm still laughing.

• Fresh spinach in my lunchtime smoothie = yum.  And a mental boost of feeling healthily virtuous.

• No more blue eggs in the robin nest - it's baby robins instead.  Homely-cute.

• Enrollment time again at The Husband's work for the next year's insurance. Lots of research.  Looks like we'll be switching doctors again.  In some ways I won't be sad, haven't had tons of confidence in our current dr.  And I hate their billing practices.  Called this morning to make a payment and she demanded / insisted on knowing my name and my relationship to the patient (after already obtaining the required information that is borderline invasive).  I mean, what does it matter who I am?  I'm paying a bill, they want their money (all $8.64 of it); they constantly make a big deal about the HIIPA requirements but don't find their demand for my identity an invasion of privacy?  Wow, that was quite a rant, I guess I'm still annoyed.

I seem to be beating my head against the wall of change. Things seem to be working fine so why do they have to get all mucked up? Some days I just want to shut out the world, eat chocolate and read a book for an entire year. Or maybe that's not quite long enough.  I so dislike all the work and energy to get things working (steep learning curve on all fronts) only to have to start the whole process all over again (and be up against a deadline for getting it all done).  I think the two of us need to get away from everything for a little while.

• So, now, to find some gratitude.  That should always be an easy thing for me, indicating that I'm still on the right path and haven't let my old lady grumpiness carry me away to GrumpyWorld for good. I'm grateful for insurance - yes, in spite of how complicated it is, it does make a big difference.  I'm grateful for mostly good health that doesn't (so far) need lots of insurance input.  I'm grateful for the fruits of The Husband's really hard work all these years.  He's a true treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment