Mostly Pictures

Pretty foxglove1
This morning was my first bike ride of the year.  I expected to have to walk the bike up a few of the steeper hills.  Surprised myself by managing to do the complete ride without having to resort to that.

Sunrise on the south foothills.
And yesterday was the first day of capris for the summer.  I'm not fond of wearing capris, don't like how I look in them, but some days it's just too dang hot for long pants. (The amazing part was that I haven't bought any new ones, and I still managed to cram my luxurient mass into last years capris!) Today is a compromise, long pants, but bare feet in my sandals. I'll have to deal with the need for cream on my feet another way.

My kind of t-shirt, that's been me.
Sad to see them go.
We had a delightful visit from our daughter and grandson over the last few days.  It isn't easy for them to get out here.  (Or for us to get out there.)  We're grateful she made the effort.  It's always nice to have some one-on-one time with our children.  I think I ate my month's supply of calories in three days.

And I took some pictures.  The valley is beautiful.  The sun rising on those south hills was the very place I took the last two pictures, looking north and west.  I so love being able to get out and about on the trails. (Wow, I didn't realize that the only one I took of the foxglove was blurry!  Ugh! And while I'm not a runner, I've been known to take a book with me when I walk the trails and miltitask: readandwalkandenjoythemorning!)

View from the south looking north.
Looking west.
I try really hard to be kind.  I try really hard to not disappoint Heavenly Father in any way.  I pray for opportunities to be kind.  And then I fail.  Miserably.  I try to be tolerant of others.  And then I nearly crash on my bike because the leash law is for other people not the ones who take their dogs on the trail.  Tolerance evaporated more quickly than I ever thought possible.  And I'm once again repenting of my crankiness.

But I'm grateful.  I'm grateful for those who actually put leashes on their dogs and control their behavior.  I'm grateful for air conditioning.  I'm grateful for clean houses.  And for beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment