A Few Friday Pictures

Was up and on the trail early this morning.  I like when I have a book to return to the library, it gives me a purpose to my morning walk other than to just absorb the beauty of the sunrise.  I loved this duck, I watched her for quite a while, she was just sitting there, face to the sun, apparently enjoying its warmth.  (I promptly nicknamed her "sun worshipper".)  This rose of sharon bush down the street is so pretty.  That little bee surprised me.

Our neighbor just brought us a treat:  he caught and smoked some trout.  My tastebuds are currently in jump-up-and-down-with-yippee's-mode.

Our bird-let murdering snake has been spotted. It's a big old thing.  Even the neighbor was surprised at its size.  The Husband tried to find it under the trees but once again it managed a complete getaway.  I don't like to hate things. But this is one thing that might merit the term. Darn snake.

After my walk I went out to water the garden - chuckled out loud at The Husband and his sense of whimsy / humor.  The empty spinach spot is now adorned with this silly bird; I guess that's as good a spot as any for her.

And peas! I picked a couple pods just to see how they're progressing.  Fresh peas from the pod for breakfast - yum! I am so pleased when a plan comes together!

I'm looking forward to Sunday afternoon - when the stress of discussion leading / teaching is over for another few days.  Our beautiful world sometimes feels like a place of Ugly. Where the adversary seems to be w-a-y too influential.  And the Good feels like it's playing hide-and-seek.  I'll seek to find the good.  I want to be surrounded by it.

And yesterday I forgot to mention yet another change:  our newspaper subscription is running out.  I have long loved my morning routine of breakfast with the paper.  It feels like the newspaper lately doesn't know what it wants to be - a paper for telling news, a magazine full of barely relevant articles, or some combination of the two.  I'm frankly weary of spending so much money on something of so little value.  It'll be a change for sure.

I'm grateful for those with a sense of humor.  For generosity from others.  And for choice - for others as well as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment