Oddities

This might be one of those days when it feels better to just stay planted in a chair for the duration!  :^)  It seems like there's just a bit of "odd" going around, some I've observed, and some I've been involved in.

• Was out watering the veggies this morning and I heard singing.  Not quiet humming to one's self.  But full on, belted-out-at-near-the-top-of-your-lungs-with-lyrics-complete-level singing.  He had on headphones so apparently was singing along to his music.  Wonder if he'd known I was there, would that have changed his volume?

• I rarely see dead aminals along the trail.  This morning it was two - a mouse and a little duck.  Sadness.

• But then I saw the little duck family I've been tracking.  Mama and the little duck-lets all swimming together.  Yeah, a bit less sadness.

• This chalk art appeared on the trail over the weekend.  Someone has some talent.  There were even words at the top where I wasn't quite tall enough to get a clear picture.  Cute.

• This package of tomatoes?  Was removing from the grocery cart for purchase, the bottom just fell off and itsy bitsy tomatoes went..everywhere! Was a bit embarrassed even though I really don't think the bottom was tightly/completely on.  Glad it wasn't a watermelon that went kersplat.

• We continue to try to decide what's best for our future.  That means looking at multiple different building lots and houses.  Yesterday's excursion put us back in the seriously considering it mode. Makes my stomach quivery.  Though I don't really think this particular one is the right one.  It's a lot of consistent effort to find just the right thing.  Yeah, hard.

• Was told yesterday that our home "feels good".  An unexpected bit of kindness that surely warmed my heart.

• I've disappointed someone again.  And no, unfortunately that isn't an oddity.  It happens all too often.  Yeah, disappointed in myself. Again.

• The sunflower?  It's a volunteer The Husband has been nurturing.  Sweet face, yes?

Over the weekend we went out with some friends.  I'm grateful for their kindness. And we've a birthday to celebrate in a couple days, am hoping that we'll help her feel loved and celebrated.  I'm grateful for birthdays.  My washing machine (knock on wood) is still plugging along, albeit with some audible complaint.  I'm grateful it hasn't completely died yet.  I came home and went nearly directly into an enveloping hug from The Husband.  Was hard to disengage.  I'm grateful for his patience, concern, and the fact that he never gives up on me. I need someone to believe in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment