Another Wednesday And Another Oddity

Field of bales
I had another couple books to return to the library - that errand became my morning walk.  My route takes me roughly five miles and they're delightful miles.  They include neighborhoods, walking past the creek, a couple alfalfa fields (complete with cows and calves), the pickleball courts, the senior center, the city park and then the home stretch which is my favorite part.  (Though I have to wear a hat because of all the bird-inhabiting trees.  I dislike getting "dropped" on.)

Baler
YUM!
In the 24 hours since yesterday morning's walk, the alfalfa had been cut. It was a treat this morning to see the automatic baler churning out the alfalfa bales.  Don't know that I've ever seen that before, but it was kinda fun, though I was across the creek and too far away to really get a good view.

Just exiting the park, I caught sight of this noose hanging from the tree.  Wasn't there yesterday. Don't know why it's there today.  And yes, I find this odd.  I hope no one puts it to use.

Was able to harvest enough peas for dinner and to share.  I love that thought: enough and to share. I hope to always have that - I like to share, and I don't need lots and lots of anything (er, maybe chocolate?) so having enough and to share is just right. And beyond that, I believe Heavenly Father would want me to share - whatever it is I have enough of to share.

If there is one positive thing that has resulted from my teaching Sunday School it has been the necessity of delving deeply into gospel subjects.  My soul has truly responded to being immersed in the precepts of our Heavenly Father.  I have become increasingly aware of my flaws and imperfections and have daily renewed my desire to overcome them. My spirit is willing even when my flesh is weak.  My efforts will continue.

I love this quote from Jeffrey R. Holland: Believe in miracles. I have seen so many of them come when every other indication would say that hope was lost. Hope is never lost.  I cling to that hope.

I'm grateful for morning walks that entreat me to observe the beauty of this world.  I'm grateful for employment that affords us enough and a bit to share. I'm grateful for the ability to still learn after all these decades on earth.  I'm grateful for miracles (even teensy ones) and hope for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment