It's Friday...

And The Husband is nearly home.  This week has felt long without him.  I've missed him.  And though I've missed him so much, it has been a decent enough week.  Quieter when it comes to commitments and responsibilities.  And in that regard a bit of a needed rest.

I've watched over the garden.  Eaten out a couple times. Watched only local news on tv. Read. Stitched. Planned the next project and mostly stayed in climate controlled buildings.  :)

Pea-lets
And I've shed a few tears at the news our dear much-loved neighbors have bought a lot and will be moving.  I was grateful that she called to tell me personally before I heard it through the rumor mill.

And I've managed walks every single morning.  Likely that is the source of my uplifted attitude and renewed small optimism (since I'm not really an optimist naturally I can only call it a "small" optimism.)
And grape-lets

Was excited to find actual pea pods on the peas.  And I loved the grapes that adorn my morning route to drop books in the return slot at the library. Pretty much the best thing about summer is the fabulous food that grows in it!

Texts are keeping me constantly apprised of The Husband's progress.  I'll sleep better tonight with him near.  And no matter what the weekend brings (anxiety over teaching Sunday School, playing songs in R. S. that I haven't had notice so I can practice) it will all be handle-able with him home again.  We are much better together.  (Sorry if this seems sappy - it's truly how I'm feeling. It's hard when he's away.)

I'm grateful for uplifting books to read, for running into friends on the trail who stop to briefly chat with a smile, for helpers when shopping and definitely for air conditioning.  I'm grateful for cellphones that keep us in touch. (Even though I've re-discovered I really don't care for talking on the phone.) And I'm grateful for anticipation - the hope it engenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment