I Must Have Been In The Mood To Take Pictures

Good Morning!
So here are the ones I've taken so far this morning.

The horses only need to hear me come around the fence before they're coming for their morning carrot breakfast.

Soon to be houses.
The other pictures are mostly explanatory.  I loved the sunrise.  I often see quail sitting atop the fences.  The stone fruits (don't know if they're apricots or peaches-to-be) are plentiful on the trees lining the trail.  Horse pastures are being turned into mini-subdivisions for homes.  And it's a beautiful world.

Yummy fruit to be.
The garden has had its first casualty.  The giant pumpkin was already weak at the base.  I went out to show the garden to a couple sweet friends and discovered it had become a wilted mess.  Sigh... But really, we haven't done any veggie gardening for over 15 years.  This year is a total learning experience.  And there's a new pumpkin already sprouting.  (Though I fear it may be too late.  I saw a pumpkin plant on my walk that already has blooms on it.  We must have been pretty slow off the mark this year - and then figuring out that our garden spot needed more light and getting the cottonwood tree pruned took some extra time.  No matter, it's been really a fun project!)

Loved this sky!
Decided fairly spontaneously to run up for a session at the Temple.  In a so-rare-it-is-almost-never occurrence, I forgot my watch.  After I'd dressed I stopped to add a couple names to the prayer roll and asked the sister standing there if I had time (was missing my watch) and she said- go ahead, there's always time for blessings.  How grateful I was not only for that little reminder, but for her cheerful "go for it" attitude.  My heart needed that teensy boost.

My dinner!
I'm so grateful today for those few people who really listen.  I'm grateful for phone contact with The Husband while he's out of town.  (We talked for over an hour the other night, reminiscent of his days at college!) I'm grateful for emailed coupons for Corner Bakery - that'll likely be my dinner tonight. I'm grateful for (my much used) ability to repent and for forgiveness.  And for hope that things will be / can be better (even if it's my own personal attitude!). I'm grateful for lightly scented candles and for soap to clean the tomato smell off my hands.  (Love the tomatoes, dislike the plant scent.)  And I'm grateful for the near completion of a little project (small birthday gift for a friend) and the anticipation of a project to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment