A Brand New Week

Last week was so crazy!  Here's a partial list of things we did (in addition to the usual busy-ness that we seem to have):

•  Taught Sunday School & played the organ - those two things stress me out so much!  I'm a mental wreck by the time church is over.

•  Visit taught 3 ladies, going out 2 separate times

•  Took a birthday gift out to someone special, she expressed gratitude, seems to like it.

•  Spent some time mending clothes for the missionaries.

•  Fed the missionaries - twice.

•  Went to $5 Tuesday at the movies, and had a grand time though I am still astonished by how many people were there.

•  Watched a play at Hale Theatre.

•  Missed seeing our friends from out of town, our schedules just weren't in the mood to match up enough that we could meet.

•  Cleaned the church building - again.

•  Attended a grandson's baptism.

•  And started the week over again playing the organ and teaching Sunday School.

And here are a few observations.  I'm still mourning the loss of the baby robins.  All three are gone, we suspect the snake got the third one as well.  The nest is abandoned.

Future yummy-to-eat peas
I've loved seeing the deer in the neighborhood.  A house was razed so that lot is empty without any human occupation but still has the trees for shade.  The deer seem to like it and we see them quite a bit.  I love that they're still around.

The garden seems to be doing well enough.  Lots of energy expended there in the springtime then we just water and wait and watch it grow.  Finally there are blooms on the peas. I love the look of pea blossoms, they're just pretty.

I only managed to walk one day last week.  I'm much happier when I get out and work this body - it helps manage that stress.

Families are just hard.  It's easy to look around and see how perfect other families are. Was the recipient of some of that perfect behavior.  Yeah, hard.

Through the car window, two deer in the empty lot.
The Husband torqued his back.  It's been quite some time since that happened.  It's worried me - considering he's out of town until Friday.  Prayers and blessings have been offered.  I hope he'll be ok without me there to rub the knots out.

Spent a few minutes last night with a sister from church.  She says she's got gerbils in her head going round and round all the time.  I came away tired just listening to her.  She's really an amazing woman (creative, well rounded, caring, energetic and with a strong testimony of the gospel).  I feel totally inept and inadequate around her.  I also was reminded how much my particular personality craves and needs a fair amount of quiet and solitude. I'm overwhelmed when there is too much noise, confusion and chaos.

And it'll be a quieter week.  The Husband is gone, so meals will be at my whim.  Not too much going on as far as church is concerned, just my usual Sunday School preparation.  I'm hoping to walk every morning.  This morning was a good start.  It felt good.

And today I'm grateful for Home Teachers who are available and ready to give needed (though rarely requested) blessings.  I'm grateful for people at church who are kind, who treat me as though I matter. I'm grateful for plenty to do last week and less to do this week so I can recover.  And I'm grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost - I'm counting on that gift to help me do better, in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment