Very Sad...And I Have No Pictures Yet

Because of scheduling, I didn't get my walk this morning.  That always mucks with my attitude.  So I used a couple extra minutes to go water the garden, stopping on the way to look at the three baby robins getting so big in their nest.

Fast forward 4 hours.  I'm looking through the window at the nest. Can see only one beak. And then we notice that two adult robins (certainly the parents) are agitatedly squawking and flitting back and forth.

Then, I see it.  Down under the nesting tree.  A snake!  Probably three feet long.  With two bulges in its body.  I'm pretty sure what those bulges are.

The Husband ran out with his grabber, actually managed to get the snake, but it's a slippery devil and it got away from him twice.  Then disappeared.

The parents are still distraught.  As am I.

Hopefully no snakes there!
We haven't ever seen a snake that big in our yard.  I tried to look it up on my iPad to identify it.  Got to the second picture and nearly hurled they are so ugly.  Couldn't put that picture away fast enough. So at this moment I haven't a clue what kind of snake.  Only that I'm mad at it for being a snake that eats tiny bird-lets. (Yes, I know that it can't help its nature. I'm still mad at it.)  And I'm pretty freaked out that there's a snake in our little outside stairwell area.  Won't be blithely climbing down in there anytime soon.

But here is picture of the garden.  It's doing fine.  The spinach is about done, it was getting eaten and it's getting pretty hot for it.  The corn is taller, the tomatoes are liking their support and the peas are just pretty.

I'm grateful for sweet ladies to visit teach.  For eateries to take the missionaries to for dinner (thanks, My Love, for not making me cook!), for a play to go to tonight.  For a bit of laughter that helps to ease pain.  For hope for bird-lets in our trees another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment