Wednesday And The Week Is Flying By

The Moon 
Walked the south end of the trail this morning.  I love it out there, the vistas are so wide.  The moon was at it's prettiest when I was leaving the house - I should have stopped for the picture that remains so vivid in my mind.  Instead I'll share these two.  The close-up of the moon was the one I cropped so everyone could see how beautiful this full moon on the day after the summer solstice was.  I love the morning.

The moon picture before cropping!
The little bunny apparently thought if he was still enough I wouldn't see him.  I was actually a teensy surprised he stayed around long enough for me to get this shot.
Wild Bunny (sounds contradictory!)

The clematis seems to be happy in its new spot.  It has tons of buds on it.

So last night we went to $5 Tuesday at the Megaplex.  Haven't been there before.  And next time we go?  It'll be earlier in the day.  I could hardly think the noise level was so loud.  It's a great deal for families - I think every theatre must have sold every seat.  W-a-y too many people!

Stopped by to deliver the granddaughter's birthday gift.  I hope to long remember the happiness on her sweet face as she opened it.  She loves it, and is grateful.  That's the best of gift-giving!

Isn't that a stunning sky?
Happy Clematis.
Stopped on the way home at Leatherby's for an ice cream.  Eating the child-size portion (The Husband asked if I thought they had a baby-size portion, it's a lot of ice cream!) out on their patio, next to the trickling water feature, no wind, perfect temperature - we both remarked how delightful it was.  A mini-date at 10 p.m., something we've not done in recent memory.  (I think the sugary treat was what kept me from sleeping until 2 this morning.  But it was worth it!)

And discovered this morning a ward member's mother passed away last Saturday.  He was in class on Sunday and gave nary a hint that anything was amiss.  I wish I'd known then, I'd have said something. He's one of those people that grows on you, I've become quite fond of him.  Extra prayers are winging heavenward for him and his family.

I like this quote:

“Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.”― Henry James

And I'm so grateful that there are those who reach out.  I'm grateful for knowledge of The Plan of Salvation.  I need / count on that salvation.  I'm grateful for someone that doesn't mind that I'm plumply old and still seems to care for me.  I'm grateful for contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment