Part Way ThroughThe Busy Week

I spent yesterday trying to do my usual Friday stuff - you know, vacuuming, etc.  It feels better here now.

This tree is loaded with peaches-to-be!
Also went visiting teaching yesterday to one of our sisters, I'd planned to stay maybe half an hour. It was actually quite a bit longer.  I know how I feel when visiting teachers stay too long.  I'm feeling guilty.  It must be a sin to stay that long because I've been told that guilt is for sin and I feel guilty.

Was up early this morning to go to the missionary zone conference to help with the mending.  They have the Elders tape the spot that needs attention, or a note with an explanation and then pile all their clothes up together.  We sat around a couple tables with our sewing machines, plucking the next item from the pile to work on.  One sister worked at fixing a seam, got it all "just so" only to discover the fabric was completely missing from the inside thigh area.  I'd say that pair of slacks was used all up. The mission pres.'s wife went away, came back and said this particular elder only has 2 weeks left so they'll see if they can't keep him clothed for the next two weeks and not worry about the "holey" pants.

We finished the mending early so I had time to run to the grocery before lunch.  It always feels better when I know there's food for at least a few days in the fridge and pantry.  It feels like I haven't managed to make a grocery run in years without having to phone home to have The Husband check to see if we need something.  I was determined to manage not phoning today.  :(   Was unsuccessful. Maybe I just really need to hear his wonderful voice when I'm out and about.

Doesn't this look great?  
I've got my Sunday School lesson to work on. And we're heading out to the movie today - $5 Tuesday at the Megaplex. We haven't been on Tuesday yet.  That's a better deal than even the Senior Discount!  I'm thinking we'll likely also try the $2 hot dog and the $1 popcorn, I've been craving popcorn.

It's been hot outside.  Really hot.  I ran out to give the veggies a drink, 'cuz I think they probably need extra in this heat (and also the wind).  Remembered to take a picture of the tomato support/pergola. The Husband did a great job on it - as did his helpers, our grandson and daughter.  We're all ready for some fresh home-grown tomatoes. (And even with the cottonwood trees trimmed, we still get more shade than we like on the garden.  We love the shade on the house, but it makes growing those veggies a bit of a challenge.)

I can't remember what's going on tomorrow.  Thursday is Hale Theatre.  Friday is haircuts, Saturday is clean the church building and our grandson's baptism.  And then Monday The Husband is out of town for the entire week.  I'm already missing him.  And if we can't find some help, we'll be feeding the missionaries tomorrow and Friday.  Corner Bakery, Papa Murphy's, Astroburger.  I think those will be my cooks for those meals.

I'm grateful for enough that we can share.  I'm grateful that The Husband has a great attitude about sharing.  I'm grateful for magazine (gift) subscriptions from my daughters that bring fun things to read in the mail.  And I think I'm going to be grateful for $5 Tuesday, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment