Almost Tomorrow!

And tomorrow + maybe a couple hours, The Husband will be home and my world will right itself again.

Loved the look of these grapes.
I could hardly take my eyes off the moon this morning when I left.  I took multiple pictures - but of course, nothing compares with seeing the real thing.  I also loved these little dark grapes along the trail.  I didn't spot any deer this morning, but I did chat with a friend I met along the way.  She was having a bit of a rough morning - the kind of stuff that gets us all down at sometime or another.  I'm glad I ran into her, she was actually smiling as we parted.

Ran off to the library to return a book and tell them that I didn't commit book-water-damage. It was an odd experience.  But since I wasn't ultimately charged for the book (that I did not damage) it was worth a bit of oddity.  I also stopped at the 7-11 to plunk down my dollar for a newspaper, hoping for the Mormon Times section only to get home and find it not there.  Won't be wasting $1 for a newsstand paper again.  I'll have to just be brave and face the world sans newspaper of any kind.

In the last few years, I've walked nearly 6,000 miles.  At least when I've been accompanied by my FitBit step tracker.  That's quite a distance.  I know I've walked further, there've been some times I haven't worn my FitBit, or it's been broken / lost awaiting replacement.  That makes me wonder how many miles I've walked in my entire life?  Much less than those souls who lived before cars.

Walked a long way.
And I've been working on my Sunday School lesson. This coming Sunday the topic is Service.  And wow, is there a lot out there about service. I especially loved this little quote from Eric Shumway (BYU-I president when he gave this devotional speech back in 2003).  "...home teaching and visiting teaching in the true sense of being caretakers of souls." Awesome. It's nice to know someone is taking a bit of care with my soul, assigned or not.  We do learn to love those we serve.

I'm grateful today for cars to take me places so I don't wear out my feet.  And for cream to help keep those precious feet from cracking.  I'm grateful for kind neighbors who share their first canteloupe of the season- it was the best I've had all year.  I'm grateful for beautiful moon-sets. And especially this week, I"m grateful for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment