Another Mid-Week with Mid-Week Thinking

YUM!
And middle of the week thoughts are that I'm so grateful that it isn't still Monday, and that Friday (and the return of The Husband) is sooner rather than farther away.

When he leaves for work in CA I find myself "pity eating" my way through the days.  Yesterday's destination was The Habit.  I don't know why / what it is, but their shakes are my very very favorite. I try to not indulge in them very often, that every expanding waistline, you know. But yesterday I just had to have a shake.  And when I got there (dinnertime) decided to add in a salad.  For balance.  And yes, it was scrumptious!

Hit the trail this morning and marveled the whole way through at the beautiful sky.  I took picture after picture.  And was trundling along, heard a noise off in the brush, walked a few more steps and decided to check out what made the noise.  And was shocked that I'd walked within 10 feet of a couple deer and didn't see them in the weeds.  Apparently I surprised them as well - they went boing-ing off to the gate through the yard.  What fun to see them.

I've been missing the newspaper.  Something fierce.  The iPad / computer / tv just doesn't quite fill the information void.  But...the TV Weekly that I so rely on actually came in the mail today.  I'm all prepared for next week.  Between our new TIVO  (that enables us to access all the cable channels we were already paying for) and the listings I'm once again finding reasons to enjoy tv - even though it's dead-center August and there's little on worth watching.

The grandson showed me this on the back of the Oreo package.  A sentiment I totally agree with. (And no, didn't buy the Oreos.  If only they'd sell them without the filling, I might be tempted.)

Today I'm grateful for Wednesdays.  For the ability to use resources to find approved material for my lessons each Sunday.  For computer printers.  For helpers when I shop.  For my cellphone for keeping in touch with those I care about.  For the hugs that I'm expecting on Friday.  For a comfy couch to sleep on in the middle of the night when the bed is too big. And for the hope-filled sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment