Choices

Saturday was a "poor choice" day for me.  I chose the movie:  Florence Foster Jenkins.  The review made it sound so good, and I had enjoyed the previews.  Sadly, it was just that...a sad movie.  But the wise choice was Cubby's for food after.  Almost, but kinda-not-really made up for the sadness of the movie - though the fact that it wasn't science fiction for a change should have been a good thing.

Our daughter played a flute solo in Sacrament meeting on Sunday.  Tremors from nerves didn't overwhelm her desire to play well, which she did, it was so lovely.  A wise choice on her part.

Yup, I'm almost that old. 
Yesterday's poor choice was to try to find some birthday gifts at TaiPan Trading.  I rarely go there, and couldn't believe how sparse it felt.  And how much of their stock just feels like junk to me. Ended up at a different store where I hope I've made some wise choices for my friends for their birthdays. The three of us are trying to de-junk to some degree.  So more stuff isn't really the optimal solution.  And I've been creativity-challenged my whole life.  Sigh.

I'm still thinking about a friend of ours at church.  We've only known that family since the creation of our new ward.  But every time he sees me, he greets me with, "Hi Cutie!".  I kinda like it.  I don't think I've been cute since I was three, but he makes me feel valued.

At Target last night I ran into a couple 13 year olds from church.  Was so surprised at their reaction. The one got a big smile on her face and greeted me with a big hi. (I expected them to not want to acknowledge me - we're not close, just acquaintances from church.) So I stopped to chat.  Asked them if they are getting ready for school.  Based on the reaction of the younger of the two I wondered aloud how she feels about school.  She hates "the learning, the homework, the getting up early.  But I like the friends and lunch." Still makes me chuckle.  She basically can't stand school. Decided that stopping to talk was a good choice.

And I'm official - finally received my Medicare Card.  I hope to not have to use it. Ever.

I'm grateful to have stuff that keeps me involved until the return of The Husband.  (It probably goes without saying that I miss him.)  I'm grateful for his constant and diligent work for the good of our family.
I'm grateful for kind people who offer the use of their belongings. For fresh tomatoes from the garden.  Though the harvest is smaller than expected (we're having to re-learn how to garden) we are currently getting just enough to eat every day and there is no tomato in the store that even remotely compares to fresh picked flavor. I'm grateful to have choices of where to eat each day.  Yesterday's Classic Italian sandwich at Corner Bakery was scrumptious (in spite of it being on a baguette - I'm not fond of white bread).  I'm wondering where I'll choose for tonight?  I'm grateful for those who agree to teach the Sunday School class while we're at the beach.  I'm grateful for something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment