Fun Friday

Once in a while a day comes along that just makes you smile.  Today has been one of those days.

On our way home from our first-thing-this-morning haircuts we stopped at the grocery for a muffin / doughnut / treat.  We'd been watching a few of these hot air balloons along the way.  Parked the car and watched this one land in the store parking lot.  It brought back quite fond memories of our ride in one a few years ago.  Yep, smiling.

Received word a niece of mine (and her husband) is in town, can we get together?  Absolutely!! They came for a visit and it was such a delightful time.  They both give great hugs and the conversation never lagged.  I will be expressing gratitude in my prayers tonight for their visit.  It was a boost I didn't know I needed, but surely welcomed. Again, smiling.

Read a book the other day - took about 20 minutes or so:  "Maybe Today" by David Butler and Emily Freeman.  I loved it.  It's probably against all sorts of rules, but I took a couple pictures to remind me of the things that touched my heart.

And was quoted this (and loved it):

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”― Albert Einstein

Today I'm so grateful.  For relatives who might live far away but who reach out with warmth and make you feel like you are cared for.  For beauties around us - the ones of nature and the ones man has created.  Our very souls respond to all those beauties. I'm grateful for the ability to walk into a grocery and buy food and flowers with funds someone has worked hard to provide for us.  I'm grateful for faith and spiritual sustenance.  For a cluttered desk. Yes, and for smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment