Bandages

So, the last few years we've been on the hunt for some decent bandaids.  The main brands we've liked in the past have been mucking about with a good thing and making changes that aren't always good. They've changed the actual material, sometimes good, sometimes awful.  The adhesive either doesn't stick or it won't un-stick leaving you with a sticky goo all over your finger (or whatever you've covered with a bandaid).  And I'm using bandaid because that's pretty much what we call all of those bandages (a more cumbersome word) no matter the brand.

Finally, a good one!
Had occasion to need a bandaid yesterday.  Opened the box I picked up on a whim at Target - for the simple reason that it was a brand I hadn't seen before and thought perhaps it might be an improvement over the other "improved" bandaids of recent years.  And whoa!  It's a great bandaid.  It sticks, it's comfortable, it doesn't fray all around the edges until the day is nearly done, the adhesive lets go of your finger (or whatever) when it's supposed to.  Yay!  I'll be buying more of these when I get to Target again.

Use with caution!
And the reason I needed a bandaid?  This handy kitchen tool that's meant to peel veggies ended up peeling the tip off my finger.  It's small, though it feels like a ginormous wound.  I've had this peeler for quite some months - those buggers are sharp!

Then this morning on my walk, there was something caught in the bottom of my shoe.  Balancing precariously on one foot while inspecting the bottom of the shoe and trying to stay upright I spied one of those nasty sticker-burrs (made me glad I wasn't riding my bike, I'd have had a flat tire).  Tried to flick it off my shoe and instead impaled my finger on it.  So I have matching wounds on the index fingers of both my right and left hands.  Sigh...grace was never my strong suit!

I'm grateful for kind souls who walk out to give me hugs on the trail.  For fresh tomatoes from our garden that taste absolutely scrumptious and make me vow to never again buy tomatoes in winter again.  I'm grateful for plenty to read.  And for prayer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment