Are All Days Going To Feel Strange From Now On?

It's been another day of oddness.  Since they're coming that way so fast and furious I've begun to wonder if that's the way they're all going to be.  And because of all the oddness, I'm feeling a bit pressured - I'm so behind!

But it was a lovely day in a lot of ways. Early morning bike ride in much cooler temps was a great way to begin.  Brought in a few tomatoes and carrots - I think tomorrow will be the big carrot harvest.  We are still learning / re-learning how to veggie garden, I didn't thin the carrots enough so they're not quite as big as they should be.  Next year we'll try again.

Took the Prius in for its emissions inspections and 60 month service.  Can hardly believe I've had it for 6 years this month.  And I'm almost embarrassed to admit it only has a bit over 15K miles on it. Maybe it's time to pare down to one car between the two of us?

BMW i3
And speaking of cars, I've always loved them.  That's the unfeminine side of me.  I love to see the new models and innovations.  Love the fun and fancy ones, the sports ones and the muscle cars.  I've been quite taken with the BMW i3 - the all electric car.  Since we were down near the BMW dealership today, The Husband convinced me (he actually just drove there and pulled :) me inside) to see one. And I even took it for a little spin around a large block or two.  And I'm still quite taken with it. Very little not to like there.  Except that I so very much dislike spending money.  And with only 15,000 miles on my own car, it's really practically new.  No reason to get another car - and it wouldn't be a BMW - too expensive to insure.  But really, it was super fun to drive!  Even the salesguy was cute - and kind, no pressure, didn't even take our names or anything, just handed us his card.  All in all a pretty great mini-adventure.

The guy at the Toyota place says I need a couple new tires. Said I was down to 3/32 on the two that are now on the back and wanted to put them on the car right then and there.  Telling him I needed time to think, I came home and looked at the paperwork.  And it says 5/32 right there in black and white.  Was I being lied to? I'd like to know if they were being disingenuous or if I look that gullible/dumb because I'm an old lady. But probably better that I not know.  I'll stop at the tire place up the hill and have them look at the tires and tell me what they think.  A second opinion is often a good thing.

Then we stopped at Joann's to get a (somewhat valuable) serigraph of The Husband's framed.  It was a gift from Apple Computer back in 1982, so he's had it long enough that we should have had it framed a long time ago.   It isn't very often that we're in a place of business and the power goes out. And most stores only have windows in the front.  Of course, we were in the very back of the building so it was pretty dark.  Thank heavens it didn't last long.  And in a couple weeks, The Husband will be finding space on some wall for something fun to look at.

I came across this saying this morning and thought there was some merit to it.  Though if I was putting something like this out there, I'd try to find a different way to say the same things - they're worthwhile.  Maybe something like Guarantees To Help You Succeed At Everything In Life:  Find the blessing in everything. Take responsibility for your own actions (and especially when they're something unselfish and kind). And always, always be grateful.  Somehow I like it better when it's positive, there's already so much negativity and hard stuff in this life.

I'm grateful for it being almost Sunday and I can quit stressing for a couple hours over the Sunday School lesson.  I'm grateful for dinner out with a couple friends tomorrow - something to look forward to.  I'm grateful that Joann's is next door to Corner Bakery that sells yummy cinnamon rolls that are just right for splitting between two people. I'm grateful for solar panels that enable us to run our air conditioner in this awful heat and stay comfortable.  For people to mow our lawn.  And for thank you notes that come in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment