Monday And What Happened To The Weekend?

It surely flew by faster than I expected.  We did some work, and had a teensy bit of fun.  Worked some more and looked for more fun.

Had dinner yesterday with our son and his family in Provo.  Food was yummy and it was such good for our souls to spend some time with them.  The grandson is especially delightful.  He's more on the quiet side than any of our kids were and it's great to get him to laugh. Didn't know that our son was so fond of watermelon, and were so glad we took one down with us.

We saw a movie (finally, a decent movie that didn't have zombies or weird creatures - only corrupt humans), had a great meal at Wild Zucchini (a favorite of mine, The Husband's - not so much so we don't go there very often).  The tomatoes are coming along and we did some research to learn more about the corn in our garden.  This year's garden feels like we're starting from scratch, there's so much we either forgot or never learned.  The grass has a fungus in it - it definitely came from the mowing service.  Here I was trying to free The Husband up from another pressure in his life and it backfired.  Once a fungus in the lawn, it's pretty much here to stay.  Though we'll try a remedy when the heat diminishes.

Our ward has instigated a new thing:  neighborhood walk-a-bouts. In an effort to promote some unity and friendship amongst the members and nonmembers alike.  The ward is divided into 3 geographic areas.  (I think they should mix it up, sorta feel like it still creates a bit of division by having us in 3 separate areas, but that's just me.) Last night was the first one for this new-ish ward.  We walked over. And were the only ones there for quite some time.  Then our host got on his phone and started texting people to come.  Still, not quite the turnout I think they hoped for.  Maybe it was better in the other two areas. At least we had yummy popsicles.

And I spent the morning in the state of frustration!  Being obedient to the law requiring registering for Medicare around your 65th birthday, I did it last week.  Promptly received a letter from the Social Security Administration telling me I had to bring in my birth certificate and ID.  Some kind of issue. Sat and waited my turn for nearly an hour (after having taken 3 times longer than it should have to actually find the office.  Apparently I can't read street names very well.).  The lady asked me my reason for being there, took the papers, turned to her computer and with nary a word or smile (I've decided (tongue in cheek here) that all government hires are required to be completely free of a sense of humor) sat and typed on her keyboard.  Occasionally picking up my birth certificate and scrutinizing it, but going back to her quick peck,peck,peck.  Since I was a'feared to break her concentration, I said nothing.  After a couple years she finally handed me back my ID, went off to copy my birth certificate and gave me the run down.  Some kind of changeover of record keeping. Some competent soul assisting with the changeover left off my place of birth.  I had to prove I was born and where.  The remedy was for this lady to begin fresh and re-enter all my pertinent information from the very beginning.  So now they have proof not only of my existence, but where that existence originated.

Figured since I was waiting and waiting today I'd head up to the DMV to renew the plates on my car. Apparently I don't read postcards so well, either.  Have to have the emission inspection done this year.  Soonest appointment?  Friday.  It'll take a couple hours minimum he says.  Maybe The Husband will come along and we'll have lunch while we wait. Sounds like a great plan.

Came across this sign the other day.  Had to take a picture.  Yes.  I worry.  Try as I might to eliminate that trait from my persona, it just ain't happening. I try to look at this often and maybe it'll help calm my fears.

And today?  I'm grateful that it appears to only have taken a morning to resolve the issue with the Social Security (let's hope it's really resolved). Am grateful Saturday's wedding reception was inside with air conditioning.  (She's a sweetheart and I'm so pleased for her!)  I'm grateful that we have the TIVO and can record / access our cable channels again.  I'm grateful for a freezer that contains not only good food to eat but also a couple frozen yogurt bars.  And I'm grateful for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment