And The Birthday Celebration Continues

Week old parakeets
Was treated to lunch by a dear friend.  We sat there and talked for 2 solid hours.  How fun it was to know she cares enough to take such time for me.

I've been writing thank you notes.  I'm finally caught up, I think.  How fortunate I am to have people wish me happiness!

Our next door neighbors have some parakeets.  Who just hatched some babies.  Was invited over to see them, these little bird-lets are about a week old.  I inadvertently deleted the picture of one of them on my hand, they're soft and light and warm and so very cute.

I actually got out on the trail again this morning.  47 degrees and dark when I left the house. A flashlight and my phone help me feel brave enough to tackle the trails when I'm so scared of the dark. I love / need my morning walks enough that I'll persist.

And this is what the steps look like now - they're in chunks scattered around the pad waiting for disposal.  I'll be so glad when this project is complete, it's been wearing on me for some reason.  I think I'm anxious because I'd like to see it all done before we hit the beach.  And it won't matter one whit if it isn't so I guess I'm just overly anxious.

Dinner last night with some friends was delightful.  It's nice that they seem to like to go out with us. I was hoping for low-key, low-cost, low-stress and that's just what occurred! I love it when a plan comes together. Tonight we're invited for ice cream.  YUM!

I read a column this morning where the author said she tries really hard to live joyfully.  I love that sentiment.  Life is plenty tough as it is.  Intentionally seeking joy is a wonderful concept.

And I love that National Read A Book Day is on my birthday. :)

I'm so grateful for kind people who act like I matter, like I count for something.  (I've spent much of my life feeling so inadequate.) I'm grateful for new little lives - even bird lives - that spark some hope for the future.  I'm grateful for a decent stash of chocolate, and for gift cards for places to eat, places to get books and places to find something to wear.  I'm grateful for the expectation of at least a few years yet on this earth to find some fun.  And for those who greet me with sincere smiles and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment