Almost Week's End - And I'm Anxious

Received a phone call last night - we're going to lunch.  Actually she said they are taking me to lunch but I dug in my heels and said I'd pay for my own.  There'll be 5 of us - my visiting teaching partner and the three ladies we teach.  Ostensibly for my birthday, but in reality will be our visits for September.  I'm already anxious about it.

The guys have been working on the stucco - s-l-o-w-l-y.  It makes me anxious.  Oh, I know they'll get the stucco done, sooner or later (already heading into the "later" category). It's those blasted apart steps that concern me.  That's a lot of heavy blocks to haul away.  He knows he won't get paid until the job is completed.  Still...

The beach is calling us.  I always get super anxious about leaving home.  Yes, I'm definitely a homebody, except when I'm not. I fuss over what could go wrong here, I fuss over whether we'll be safe, and if the weather will cooperate (watching the hurricane predictions - there's 3 yellow x's on the map, any one of which could turn into a hurricane at just the right time to muck up our beach days).  It'll be fine either way, we've been there when it rained more than it was clear.  Still, I want it all just right.  I fuss over the cost of everything.

I'm still figuring out life without the newspaper.  Not liking it much.  Though I did come across a great article this morning:

http://theweek.com/articles/646154/6-sciencebacked-tips-living-longer

I think I might follow this guy in the future.

And I shouldn't even bring up the other things that cause me concern (the kids, health (of all the kids as well as The Husband and me) finances, the state of our country (elections, the economy) whether to move or try to stick it out here, our neighbors moving away- just to mention (though I said I shouldn't) a few).  (Think I can get any more parentheses in there?)

And yet, still, the world is beautiful.  It is filled with smiles that light up faces (and the atmosphere around them), flowers, babies, kindness, charity and hope.  So I shall cover my anxious concerns with my own smile and hope for better.  And do my very small part to spread the love of our Savior. And count on Him to ease my worries.

This morning on my walk I listened to the geese honk their conversation as they flew overhead, I wore my newest hat, I reveled in the cool quiet of the morning and said my prayer for help and of thanks for the wonder of this life.  How grateful I am.  (And am working on feeling slightly less anxious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment